Starworks – Maribor awakens
Did you ever look upon the night sky and wonder about the endless possibilities space provides?
We will try to satisfy your curiosity as BEST as we can on our awesome stargazing course!
In everyday life, we get so caught up in day to day life here on Earth, that we often forget to look upon the clear nights and examine the far beyond. What is up there? What are the stars made off? The origins of black holes, constellations of stars, clusters of galaxies and some stuff we can't even begin to imagine.
Slovenia is a land of pioneers, and one of the best experts in the field of space was Hermann Noordung who was way before his time. He designed spaceships at the beginning of the 20. century, some say that NASA took his concept for its space program. We have a state of the art space center in his honor.
To satisfy your thirst for knowledge, dare to always ask for more, join the stars and apply to our awesome course!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Mathematics , Optics/Optometry , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Astronomy Stargazing Physics Space science Planetary science
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Each participant will get the chance to learn about the basics of astronomy. They will learn about the theoretical parts of how the universe works and then reinforce that with fieldwork. At the end of the course, everyone will have a basic idea of how stars work and know where the most common constellations are.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letters and answers to the proposed questions. We are also aiming for gender equality and a variety of nationalities to be present at the event.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms or hostels.
- Three meals per day, at least one hot.
- Mostly public transport and walking.