BEEReady: How it's made
- Wondering how beer is made?
- Do you want to know more about other cultures
-Do you want to experience unforgettable trip?
If you answered yes, then our course is made for you!
Beer is believed to have originated in Mesopotamia around 4,000 B.C. The Sumerians, who once inhabited the area of today's Iraq, forged on clay tablets a recipe for spelt beer. However, a real breakthrough for beer production happened during the Middle Ages, when monks were involved in brewing and improving recipes. This drink is with us to this day, though the production process is completely different.
During the course in Warsaw, we will tell you "How it’s made". We will talk about today's brewing standards and explore the subject of chemical processes occurring during production of beer.
Of course, that's not all! One does not live just to study! Duh! During the weekend, we will go on a trip together, from which you will have unforgettable memories.
Our course is also a great opportunity to visit Poland. It is a country with magnificent mountain ranges, beautiful beaches, wonderful lakes and woods - there's even a desert! Taste the unique polish pierogi, schabowy and wash it down with some żurek.
Experience this adventure with us and Sign up right now!
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Food Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- The course is focusing on the beer production process. We will explore in depth the topic from the chemical and mechanical side.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students will gain knowledge about today's brewing standards and discuss the subject of chemical processes occurring in beer during its production. Participants will learn the importance of picking proper ingredients for brewing beer. We will also touch on production processes and methods of optimizing brewing for commercial purposes.
- Examination type:
- Exam will take the form of multiple choice test with picking the one correct answer.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participants will be chosen by Motivational Letter and by answering questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students’ dormitory or hostel.
- Three meals per day, at least one served hot. If you have any diet preferences, please inform us in the form. (any kind of allergies, intolerances or dietary preferences like vegetarian diet)
- Public transport(metro, tram, bus) and by foot.