Technological challenges of transformation to renewable energy
Have you ever wondered about the impact you have on our planet and how foolish some of the actions you do might be? Do you sometime think about where will the energy for our future come from? Then you should totally apply to this course and join the “sustainability school” happening in the Paris of the North - Aalborg.
During the academic part of this course on renewable energy you will learn about energy systems, the necessity of switching from fossil fuels, and ways to plan for a more sustainable future. You will be able to apply all knowledge gained from the lectures, presentations and visits to a project you will be working on throughout the course. We in Aalborg really love problem based learning, and we will show you how to do it!
Of course, we have not forgotten about the social part. You will have a chance to find out why Danes are some of the happiest people in the world (is it because of hygge?), participate in crazy activities and try our delicious food and drinks. And who knows - maybe one or two surprises will occur as well.
So don’t miss out on your chance to enjoy 10 wonderful days in Aalborg, learn (or laugh about) how to say “rødgrød med fløde” and see the real, wild vikings in action!
And never forget to stay PANDA!
- Fields of activity:
- Environmental Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- - Energy systems and energy planning - Renewable energy and the transition towards that - Power plants - Energy grid
- Learning goals and objectives:
- During the course you will be introduced to the energy systems and how they are changing to accommodate more of renewable energy sources. You will be able to apply your knowledge and develop a mini project on this specific topic. In that way you will become familiar with the complexity of planning for a sustainable future and find out how much we can do about it.
- Examination type:
- Oral group presentation of case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, answers to questions, interest in topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- All the participants will be hosted on our campus
- Three delicious meals per day (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner). At least one hot home cooked meal per day, cooked by our amazing organisers. Come and experience danish and international cooking.
- Public transportation provided at no extra costs (bus/train) and lots of walking