Data & Decadence: Roaring Through Data-Centric Programing
In this course, we'll explore the significance of data. We'll delve into data analysis, manipulation, and its insights. This course serves as an introduction to programming and data-centric programming, suitable for beginners and those interested in data manipulation. It offers an opportunity to connect with diverse peers and gain interdisciplinary insights. Expert instructors will guide you, and you'll experience the vibrant atmosphere of Graz and TU Graz.
- Content and topics:
- Lectures, discussion groups, group projects, and a company visit at TU Graz
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give students a basic introduction to programming through computational thinking methods, and through a group project get them acquainted with data-centric programming fundamentals, as well as experience of working with and manipulating data to reach a set goal.
- Examination type:
- Group project + presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The main criteria for the selection are the motivation letter and the answers to the questions, where we focus on the interest in the topic. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance among the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse, or student dormitory.
- Three meals a day (at least one hot meal). Breakfast is provided by the hostel, other meals are prepared by the Local BEST Group and co-organizers.
- Public Transport (for free) and walking.