Biomedical Scene Investigation, BSI Leuven
Are you interested in fixing malfunctions in human bodies, or perhaps you want to repair the broken leg after your last skitrip? This summer course about biomedical engineering will teach you how.
Seven topics of biomedical engineering, from biomaterials to tissue engineering, will be covered and you can even practice in real life.
It's the Leuven way to offer even more than this exciting topic, the course is set in a background of beautiful historic cities and the best beers in the world!
- Fields of activity:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Biomedical engineering in general and an introduction to the following topics: Biomechanics, Biomaterials, Biosensors, Signals, Imaging, Revalidation, Tissue Engineering. There will be also company visits and a hospital visit. Also there will be a case study/design
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Provide a broad view on the topic of biomedical engineering and its practical applications
- Examination type:
- Written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A mix of sexes, nationalities and ages will be taken into consideration
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories
- Self-cooked by the organisers
- By bicycle, public transport and cars of the organisers