From papyrus to postcards: Experience the amazing journey of paper!
Have you ever wondered how wood is transformed into paper? The answer is here in Sweden, where we - LBG Stockholm - together with some of the world's most important paper manufacturing companies will give you an overview of sustainable paper manufacturing.
Stockholm is the capital of Scandinavia. It's a place where we warm up in the sauna and cool off in the Baltic Sea. A place where the Viking Spirit is still alive. A place where the Nobel prize is awarded every year. And finally, the land of singing blondes and dancing meatballs.
So, flush your worries and come to Stockholm!
- Content and topics:
- You will learn about the paper manufacturing process including a sustainability perspective. The event will include lectures as well as visits to companies.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get an overview of the process of making paper today as well as throughout history. To see what the paper industry looks like, and how it's products are being used in society. To acquire a deeper understanding of the modern paper manufacturing process and be able to analyse its effects on the environment.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories or similar accomodation.
- Most often prepared by organisers, but sometimes in restaurants. Always very delicious!
- Public transportation.