Mirror mirror on the wall. Who´s the BEST project manager of them all?
In this course you will learn the very basics of project management and leadership. Project management is like a toolbox, where each tool is like a magnifying glass that allows you to take a closer look at the issue at hand. The toolbox includes time, budget and risk management, but also teambuilding and leadership. It is easy to use, yet can still be effective. Moreover, you will get the chance to start planning the project of your dreams in groups of 3-4 students.
Get ready for intensive days with Swedish blond, tall people that will use their Nordic efficiency in order for you to have as much fun as possible. And don't worry, we will protect you from the polar bears! Apply now and experience Sweden and Lund with the BEST company, we promise not to be cold ;)
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Maritime Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Project management and leadership. During the course the students will get experience and knowledge about: - The concept of project. The project process and project program. - Organizing the project team. Relations to the line organization. - Methods/techniques for managing the project work. - The role of the Project Manager, and the six main tasks. - Practical work in a real project
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to give the participants basic knowledge about project management and tool/methods used within the field. The participants will, while working on their project assignments, get basic understanding and skills in order to plan a small scale project.
- Examination type:
- Presentation of project
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the questions. We are looking for open-minded people with a positive attitude towards the event, Lund and Sweden.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms and apartments
- Three meals per day (at least one warm) all cooked by the organizers!
- Public transport (bus, train) and by foot