Space Mining: In search of the Infinity Stones
Have you ever dreamed about space and space mining? Are you interested in discovering the secrets of the universe? Well, BEST Athens invites you to a Space Odyssey that starts from the beginnings of our solar system: Welcome to Space Mining.
During 9 amazing spring days you will have the chance to learn about the importance of space raw materials, the potential of asteroids’ rich resources and the possible future ways to mine and exploit them.
But of course, we haven’t forgotten about the social part! You will be able to visit famous attractions and historical sites, get a taste of Greek delicious food such as souvlaki and tzatziki, feel the warmth of Greek hospitality and enjoy the social and cultural activities we will provide you.
What are you waiting for? Let’s shoot for the stars!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Geodesy , Geology , Materials Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Space Mining, Materials
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Making participants familiar with all the fundamental aspects of the multidisciplinary field of space resources and its challenges and getting them up to speed with all the latest development in the field worldwide and their potential in the coming years.
- Examination type:
- Practical work examination in teams, which may include a presentation with your team.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter, answers to the questions and interest in the topic. We, also, want to ensure cultural diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dorms
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them cooked. Potable water will be always provided for free.
- Public transport and walking