WoW : Wealth out of waste
Do you ever think about what happens every week to all the rubbish thrown away every day - food, packaging, empty containers, plastic bags?
The world is facing challenges in the form of colossal quantities of waste being generated on one side and the depletion of natural resources at a fast rate on the other side. When we connect the dots we realise that both of these challenges can be converted into an opportunity by shifting our business practices to a circular economy model.
Come and discover Lyon: the French capital of gastronomy, city of Cinema and of lights, full of outstanding french history treasures. Get ready to live a multicultural experience with our awesome organisers, and the other lovely participants.
May BEST be with you!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Solid waste management Principles, Circular economy, Recycling, Pollution and Depollution
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - Understanding the different types of waste and the different ways of handling waste - Learning about ways in which waste can be seen as ressources - Developing critical thinking about the future of waste management
- Examination type:
- Group project and presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter + 3 questions to better convince us!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories on the university campus
- 3 meals per day, at least one hot meal cooked by the organisers
- Public transportation tickets for the scheduled activities are provided and for free.