Gran Torino: Race to the future of mobility
What’s the future of Mobility?
Is it like riding on the back of a super-fast turtle? Hoverboards like Marty McFly? Or perhaps the Jetsons' flying cars?
No, Ladies and gentlemen, the Future of Mobility is the revolutionary crossroad where innovative engineering and sustainable design converge to pave the way for transportation solutions we could only dream of in the past.
Our paths of innovation? Oh, they're as diverse as pizza toppings! Think self-driving vehicles that might ask you about your day, electric aircrafts (no, they don't run on caffeine), snazzy hyperloops, and more. If it's cooler than a polar bear's toenails, it’s probably in our lineup.
Throughout this event, you'll gain deep insights into this exciting topic with lectures from the Politecnico di Torino, company demos (did you know Turin is a hub for automotive and transport innovation?), and hands-on workshops.
But we're offering more than just knowledge: immerse yourself in the rich Italian culture while you're with us!
During your stay, unravel the history and beauty of our city, relish the renowned chocolates, sip on our regional wines in one of the iconic squares of the city center, and delve into the history of the city that saw the birth of Italy (indeed, we were the first capital city of Italy).
On the weekend, we'll explore the scenic outskirts of Turin, offering you a chance to savor the culinary and cultural delights of our beautiful region of Piedmont.
So, why wait? Start your journey into the future and join us in Turin, where innovation and tradition seamlessly blend against the mesmerizing backdrop of the Alps!
- Fields of activity:
- Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Automotive Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Mechatronics , Industrial Engineering , Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Materials Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Petroleum Engineering , Computational Sciences , Environmental Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Transport Engineering , Computer Engineering , Power Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Applied Sciences
- Content and topics:
- Efficient and sustainable mobility, in our rapidly evolving world, is shaping up to be the cornerstone of transportation, efficient urban planning, and innovative engineering. During this course, dive into the implications of tomorrow's mobility solutions, through lectures from Politecnico di Torino experts, hands-on workshops, company visits, as we navigate this transformative realm of technology and infrastructure.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Gather knowledge on cutting-edge technologies related to sustainable and efficient transportation; uncover the vast array of tools used to enhance innovation in the mobility sector; Become part of an international and intercultural work team with the goal of finding a solution to a real problem.
- Examination type:
- Case study or written test
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational Letter, answer to questions, true interest in the topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or independent facility
- For the whole duration of the event, drinkable water and three meals per day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be provided at no extra cost. At least one meal per day will be served cooked and hot (sandwiches are not considered a cooked meal). Special food requirements of participants will be provided at no extra cost in case of medical necessity or personal and religious beliefs, as long as the organising BEST Local Group is informed about such requirements in advance.
- For the whole duration of all Event transportation both to lectures and to all activities related to the content of the event will be provided at no extra cost. Transportation costs to the arrival place and from the departure place will not be covered by the organising BEST Local Group.