Driving to the Future
Think about 100 things you dream about. Done? Awesome.. now think all of them in one package. To tell you something, what you're thinking is like... Helsinki Summer Course 2010 !!!
On the course you will learn about your favourite subject, which is... calculating volume integrals in 4 dimensions!?!? Not?? Ok, let's try something lovely:
Electric cars and means to produce their electricity in a way the planet likes! Our professors will be delighted to tell you why the eletric cars are awesome, about technical aspects, what's still cumbersome, and why it is yet so difficult to get them running in full scale in the society.
The production and development facilities will open their doors for you to broaden your view. While working in groups you'll have the chance to think your own solutions to various subjects and present them to others.
But is learning new all that makes you happy? Hope not, because... We're going to take you from the design capital to the verdant architectural miracle, Otaniemi campus, from urban concrete jungle to the depths of pure forests, to sit peacefully by the lake with your favourite beer as the sun goes down... smoke rising slowly from the sauna's chimney... hearing chatter and laughter of the people sated with Minttu inside. Not forgetting your Finnish friend keeping you company as a dutiful organiser and the parties day and night!
You'll also get a chance to compete in sports you never knew existed.. to some you only need boots, to some only mobile phones, to some only a man and a woman.
Go go go, apply and we'll take you !!
- Fields of activity:
- Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Theory of modern electric vehicles, batteries, charging systems and sustainable energy production. Lectures, Group working, Project Management, Laboratory visit, Company visits.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn how modern electric cars work and what is needed to launch electric cars in the whole society.
- Examination type:
- Written test.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, academic background, interest in topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In two student union's guest rooms. Kind of hostel style. Really close to University, saunas and some shops. About 10km from Helsinki city center.
- Student canteen and cooked by organizers.
- Public transportation, rented bus.