We like it see through, do you? A view into structural and architectural glass
Friday, 3 pm. Another boring lecture, and outside the sun is shining. What would you do in those moments if there isn’t a window to look out through? Or can you imagine going shopping without windows? Can you imagine drinking champagne from a plastic cup, not seeing the sparkling bubbles? Luckily, we do have glass, and we use it just about anywhere, and in many forms, from the windshields of a car, the bullet proof glass in the bank office, to heavily isolated double-glazed windows in a skyscraper.
In this BEST course, we will focus on glass in architecture and structural design. You will see beautiful buildings that are true “temples of glass”, but also discover that there is a lot more to do with glass than you think. Making strong trusses and columns that are totally see-trough, or even a whole bridge, why not? And of course we’ll find out all about the production process of glass.
Next to that, you will also visit beautiful Belgian cities like Bruges and Ghent, and spend some crazy nights with crazy people from all over Europe!
Does all of this make you so excited you want to jump through the window? Just apply to our course and we’ll make it all come true…
- Content and topics:
- Glass: production and use in buildings, both architectural and constructional.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give the students a clear view on what the new opportunities are for glass use in buildings.
- Examination type:
- Written test
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, some additional questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Camp houses of scouts groups (in the city). Sleeping on camping beds/mattresses.
- Lunch at university restaurants, breakfast and dinner at the camp house
- Public transport (bus)