Let's Build Our Dream: Future Houses - New Challenges, New Solutions!
Welcome to a place where the future is in your hands, where the old concepts of house mix with modern ones.
A place where you can travel in history without notice that you are still in the present.
Fall in love and feel the amazing adventure of old traditions in unique sceneries with LBG Coimbra...
Wish to see you next Summer.
- Content and topics:
- - Approach to the architecture sustainability project and to the new paradigms and challenges of the civil engineering; - Analysis of the construction process, with special look to structures, revolutionary and environmental concern processes and materials; - Reflection about the use of energy. The importance of the renewable energies in the new micro generation methods, the new technologies, processes and equipments based in energy efficiency and in the energy certification of buildings; - Perception of the concept of intelligent house, taking knowledge of the most modern automation equipments and domotic, instrumentation, control of quality of the air and climatization, not forgetting the importance of the artificial intelligence in this concept; - Understanding of the house of the future as an ecological system through the study and evaluation of the life cycle, the challenge of the close cycle of waters, residues and air emissions and reflection about the impacts that the climatic changes can bring to the house of the future; - Study from the involving space of the house of the future, with the approach of concepts as urbanization and strategic planning and the importance of the plants in the garden of the house of the future, among others; - Evaluation of the importance of the rehabilitation of buildings, studying is transformation and as to proceed with the construction residues and demolition.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- We hope that in the end of the course, our participants could have a basic knowledge in Sustainable Architecture, Construction Processes, Energy Efficiency, Revolutionary Materials, Life Cycle Analysis and Environmental Concerns. We also hope that the participants could create new ideas and concepts on the project and construction of the Future House.
- Examination type:
- Presentation in the last day.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A motivation letter telling us why you are OUR BEST candidate. Desire for crazy moments, endless energy, fun and humor. Taste for sun and salty water!!!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dorms.
- Three meals a day - Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner in the University Canteen. Some days special service by your hosts.
- Train, Car, Bus, Foot...