Spainergizer: Power up your mind!
Do you wanna learn how much ENERGY you can get by eating a spanish omelette or paella?
Do you wanna learn some cool stuff about solar ENERGY in a country where you will enjoy the most powerful sun in Europe?
Do you wanna visit the country where Don Quixote thought that windmills were giants, and learn about wind ENERGY?
Do you have enough ENERGY to spend party nights with our crazy organisers and then attend to our great lectures?
If your answer to these questions is yes, this is your course! You'll spend 10 amazing days in the capital of Spain: Madrid, learning about different kinds of renewable energies like biomass, hydraulic, solar or wind energy!!!!
Are you ready to accept our challenge this summer?
- Fields of activity:
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The participants will be given a general overview about some renewable energies like solar energy, biomass energy, wind power and hydraulic energy; and their impact on society. The course will include theoretical and practical lectures in universitary laboratories.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The purpose is to provide state-of-the-art education in the fields of conventional and renewable energy sources and energy utilization in the built environment by means of economically and environmentally sustainable systems and technologies.
- Examination type:
- Elaboration of a topic within a small group with a short presentation of the outcomes at the end of the course.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the proposed questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel in the city center of Madrid and youth hostel during the weekend trip
- Three meals per day (at least one hot) at University and hostel's canteen
- Trains and subway