Size does matter: Explore, Design & Touch the Nanoworld
Have you ever wondered what the microscopic world looks like? Did you know that nearly one third of all electron microscopes are made in Brno? Do you want to see things that are a thousand times thinner than your hair is? With us you can! You will find out about LIBS, SEM, EBL, XPS, graphene...and much more. Sounds unfamiliar? Doesnt matter. Together we can learn and explore the world of nanotechnology under microscopes.
Do you want to
...explore the nanotechnology
...design your own nanoworld
...use the most modern microscopes
...see our beautiful country
...know why the size really matters?
If you say YES at least once, come and join us on our BEST summer course in Brno.
As we are celebrating our 10th anniversary in BEST Brno, this course is going to be legendary! Just apply and come to learn more with experts from Brno University of Technology and worldwide renowned companies like Tescan and FEI. These partners of ours will provide company visits and lectures in laboratories. We promise you lots of fun, joy, BEST people, crazy parties, new friends and the BEST moments of your life!
Dragons from Brno are looking forward to seeing you!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Veterinary Medicine
- Content and topics:
- Plasmonics, Spintronics, XPS(X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy), LIBS(Laser-induced breakdown spectroscopy), Graphene(sensor & crystals), SEM(Scanning electron microscope)
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In this course, students will have oportunity to work on research projects dealing with one of nanoworld sciences - plasmonics, spintronics or graphene. During work on this project, students will learn how to design and fabricate nanostructures and observe their unique functional properties. Projects will be followed by excursion in world-leading nanotechnological companies Tescan and FEI
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory
- Student canteen and organisers' cooking
- Public transportation, out of the city bus/train