Design? No, just beer it!
Do you like beer and food? Have you ever been to a brewery? Or have you ever eaten any masterpiece of molecular gastronomy?
Do you know what malt, hops, or the mentioned molecular gastronomy are?
Yes? No? Well actually it doesn't matter. It is enough if you are interested in the answers to these and other questions.
Join us in discovering of a great world of beer and food technologies. Where else should you start than in the Czech Republic? Country where beer and food have a longstanding tradition.
If you want to...
... know how beer and molecular food can be prepared even at home
... learn how different types of beer can be prepared
... visit real breweries
... visit the most beautiful city in the Czech Republic
... find out what Design in the title of this course stands for
Just apply now for the course "Design? No, just beer it!" and come to visit our lovely and beautiful city and learn more with our experts from the Brno University of Technology. We will provide you fun, great parties and interesting trips, you will meet new people, make new friends. Simply the BEST time of your summer.
The Dragons from BEST Brno are waiting for you.
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Naval Architecture & Engineering , Optics/Optometry , Petroleum Engineering , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Brewing technology, molecular gastronomy, sensoric analysis, water purity
- Learning goals and objectives:
- In this course, students will have an opportunity to get basics in brewing technologies. They will also learn something about molecular gastronomy. Based on their lectures they will continue with laboratories where they will have an opportunity to see how beer can be brewed in laboratory and they will prepare their own molecular food. Students will go for a company visit to Malting Institute in Brno (part of Research Institute of Brewing and Malting (RIBM)) and some South Moravian breweries.
- Examination type:
- Case study
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory
- Three meals per day (at least one hot meal per day), student canteen and organizers cooking.
- Public transportation