RoBros: Man's Next BEST Friend
Would you like to know what it's like to interact with robots and assistive systems?
And how will human machine interaction change our society?
Only in Aachen, from 11 to 24 June, we are going to teach you how to bring machines to life! Together with RWTH Aachen University institutes, we will explore the usage of robotics in society and you will find out about social aspects of industry 4.0 in an aging society. During the course, Aachen-based companies will share their experience and knowledge with you and you will be provided the key methods and secrets to develop innovative industrial solutions.
You will have fascinating lectures and workshops, visit companies and institutes and at the end of the course practice what you've learned! You will also have a chance to explore the beautiful city of Aachen, meet interesting people, visit three countries on one trip, try the best Wurst & Schnitzel and party like a true BESTie!
Don’t miss this chance to be part of „RoBros: Man's Next BEST Friend“ with 21 other like-minded students from all over Europe! Apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Mechatronics , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Robotics, usage of robotics in society, automation, industry 4.0, digitalisation in production, support for production employees, social aspects of assistance systems in industry 4.0, innovative industrial solutions, technology for the technophobic.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Get introduced to automation & robotics, learn about the importance of assistance systems in industry 4.0, be involved in the creation of solutions to existing problems. Also, you will learn how to work in a diverse team of different nationalities and improve your soft skills.
- Examination type:
- Written and/or oral examination.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter, interest in the subject, answers to the questions (be creative!), positive attitude towards the event, interest in Aachen and the German culture. Aiming for gender equality and a variety of nationalities.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Cozy country house.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them cooked, all provided by organizers or the canteen (no extra costs).
- Rented busses.