The Fourth Industrial Revolution
The course on the concept of Industry 4.0 will be organized in the campus area of the famous multidisciplinary Aalto University of Helsinki, where science and art meet technology and business. Industry 4.0 refers to the fourth industrial revolution, in which advanced digitalization technologies allow for the creation of “Smart Factories”. The digital revolution is not limited to just manufacturing and logistics. The new technologies will have a massive impact on the whole workforce: According to some studies, up to 40 % of jobs will disappear by 2030. This also means the educational system must be rebuilt to meet the standard of future. During the course, we will focus on the technical and educational challenges, as well ass opportunities brought by the rapid advancement of these digital technologies.
The course will include valuable education, company visits and networking not forgetting the fun: you also get to explore our campus life, the Helsinki city and maybe even spot the northern lights. Our weekend adventure and our famous sauna crawling will welcome you to the the land of a thousand lakes (187,888, to be precise) and two million saunas. So what are you waiting for? Apply now to educate yourself on the most exiting technology of the decade, enjoy a sip of glögi, relax in real Finnish wooden sauna and dip into the lake naked!
30 September is the arrival day
01 October 2017 - 07 October 2017 days of activity
08 October Departure day
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Computational Sciences , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Logistics , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- The Industry 4.0 and its applications. Lectures, company visits, project work.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Students understand how the fourth industrial revolution is happening right now, how it will impact the future of jobs and education.
- Examination type:
- Team presentation/case study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select our participants based on their motivational letters and answers to the questions. Previous knowledge of advanced digitalization technologies or interest in educational development is seen as an advantage. Participants must have a moderate level of English and they must be able to work in a group and with a tight schedule. Ability to have fun and entertain the organizers is a must!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Union guest dorms.
- At least 3 meals per day of which at least one will be hot.
- Walking/public transportation