It's My Life Science!
And it’s now or never! We know we ain’t gonna live forever, but wouldn't it be nice to have a better quality of life?
Technological innovations in Life Science have become an essential part of modern healthcare,general well-being and bioeconomy. Therefore, both in academic research and industry there is an ever-growing need for people who can deal with today's increasingly complex biomedical problems. Developing these Life Science Technologies requires research in fields such as bioinformatics, bioelectronics, biomaterials, biomedical engineering, biosystems, complex systems and neuroscience. Now you have the opportunity to learn about these technologies and get acquainted the high level research done in the land of a thousand lakes, Finland!
You will get to explore the famous campus of the multidisciplinary Aalto University, as well as departments and companies related to the fields in question. There you will gain some insight on what it takes to study biosystems, like the brain, and how we can apply modern technology to this fascinating field of Life Science.
You will also become familiar with the life of Finns! Cold and hot, snow and sauna, Finns know the extremes! Sauna Crawling and other traditions welcome you to the happiest country in the world in 2019! So if you feel like you are ready to learn cool Life Science and you have a burning urge to travel to the north, apply now to this LBG Helsinki’s awesome Autumn Course!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Physics/Physics Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Lectures and company visits about Life Science Technologies and introductions to the research done by Aalto University's Neuroscience and Biomedical Engineering department.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- We want participants to learn how the research is done in the field of Life Science and what are the possible applications of it for us to improve our health in society.
- Examination type:
- Team presentation / case study
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We choose participants according to motivational letter and answers to the questions. We expect you to be motivated to learn more about Life Sciences and the technology applied in it. Interest in biomedical engineering studies is important, but with a open mind and curiosity you will go far!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Union guest dorms
- At least 3 meals per day of which at least one will be hot
- Walking/public transportation