Big Data in a little country
Every minute we send 204 million emails, generate 1.8 million Facebook likes and send 278000 tweets and upload 20000 photos to Facebook.
Google on average processes over 40 thousand searches per second, making it over 3.5 billion in a single day.
The NSA is thought to analyze 1.6% of all global internet traffic -around thirty petabytes (30 million gigabytes) every day.
The number of bits of information stored in the digital universe is thought to have exceeded the number of stars in the physical universe 2007.
Have you ever wondered how Google deals with all that data?
Has it happened to you that you searched for the price of a new phone and since that you only see phone commercials everywhere?
Do you want to learn how Facebook, YouTube, Google and other social networks can stalk on you and get to know you better even than you yourself?
We have a surprise: Veszprem knows the answers!
Hungary is famous for its goulash, palinka, paprika, Nobel prizes, Rubik's cube or the two Hummers in the Lake Balaton (check the photos, it was hilarious :P).
So if you are ready to take this challenge apply to our course :) Experience the BEST Spirit, get new knowledge about BIG DATA and build new friendships in Hungary :) Spend 7 days and 6 nights with us: have a siesta by the Hungarian sea (lake Balaton), have fun and and get to know the Hungarian traditions.
If you are already interested in BigData, have the basic IT skills and speak English well, don't hesitate!
Don't be shy, just APPLY, you will LOVE us :)
- Fields of activity:
- Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics
- Content and topics:
- Learning the basic things about big data and data mining
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give the participants an inside view into big data, the topic that is very popular and has became a buzzword these days. Participants will get interesting insights into how big companies process tremendous amount of data blazing fast, what technologies are available today, what is the connection of Big Data and machine learning, and basically what Big Data really means. The practical lessons need basic IT skills and basic understanding of computing, but there's no required technology to know beforehand.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Based on the motivation letter and the interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day, at least 1 is hot.
- Public transport