Ceramics vs. Polymers: Dawn of materials
-DPE, PP, PVC, PS, PET...
-Does that mean anything to you? No? Does it sound familiar, though you don't know exactly what they are?
-Have you ever wondered what are bricks, pipes, gas fire radiants, cookware, wall tiles and many more products made of ?
- Do you want to know the latest developments in the world of new materials?
LBG Skopje is inviting you to witness the battle between polymers and ceramics and understand why they are so different!
Do not miss out the chance to participate in the course that will give you the chance to learn everything you never dared to ask about materials!
If you want to know:
• The structure, technology, preparation and production of materials;
• What biomaterials are;
• Traditional and modern methods for synthesis and processing of polymers and ceramics;
• The path from a monomer to biodegradable polymer;
Don’t let anyone tell you, come and experience the BEST course with us!
♥ Have lots of fun with awesome participants and organizers;
♥ Visit some of the greatest companies in this science field;
♥ Try our well known specialties like AJVAR and the legendary RAKIJA;
♥ Walk through the narrow and crooked streets of Skopje’s Old Bazaar;
♥ Visit the Millennium Cross situated on the top of the Vodno Mountain in Skopje;
♥ Enjoy the nature in Matka Canyon;
♥ Explore the wonderful city of Ohrid;
♥ Visit St. Jovan Kaneo;
♥ Make unforgettable memories and learn lots of new stuff at the same time!
Just write a motivational letter and prepare to have an unforgettable summer! LBG Skopje is waiting for your application!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Automotive Engineering , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Conservation-Restoration , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Medicine/Dental Medicine , Pharmacy , Physics/Physics Engineering , Textile Engineering & Technology
- Content and topics:
- • Introduction to the main properties and structure of polymers and ceramics • Biomaterials and their usage • The mechanisms that polymers and ceramics undergo • Fly ash and bottom ash • Slipcasting procedure
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to enable students to gain knowledge in types, properties and uses of products from biodegradable materials. At the same time the students will have been able to explain the mechanism of polymer degradation and describe the benefits of using biodegradable polymeric materials. Also they will learn the traditional and modern methods for synthesis and processing of ceramics, the photocatalysis of TiO2 for the protection of the cultural heritage.
- Examination type:
- Written exam
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions, interest in the topic, crazy spirit!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Dormitory
- 3 meals per day, at least one of them hot
- Public transport