Strategic ways for the BEST business case
In our new reality full of uncertainty and agility the soft skills are in great demand in the world of practice, especially for business managers and entrepreneurs who navigate this environment on a daily basis. Our program focuses on training the up-to-date soft skills to design and run a successful business.
Do you want to understand the mechanism of gradual development of your own business project? Develop the concept of creating a unique product and brand and understand how to assemble the most effective team of professionals to work on it? Want to discover which soft skills are necessary to be successful in business and learn how to develop them? If you answered YES to at least one of these questions, don’t hesitate to join our course!
We want to invite you to our wonderful city of Ekaterinburg, located near the Ural Mountains, right in the border of Europe and Asia - after all, only outside the capital you can feel the true spirit of the country! But how? Don't worry - we have prepared for you a list of things to do in Ekaterinburg to experience it yourself:
-To cross out the point ‘to visit the largest country in the world’ from your wishlist
- To feel like a Lord of the world because you will stand with your left foot in Asia and your right foot in Europe
- To try borsch, kotletki, pelmeni, and other dishes with their weird names that make up the delicious Russian cuisin
- To go to a real Russian sauna and jump into the snow after it
- To make unforgettable memories during 10 awesome days with 22 participants from all over Europe and members of the Local BEST Group EKA UrFU!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Industrial Management , Logistics , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- We will start with the theory and basics of developing a business plan, form an idea of what it is. Then, under the guidance of professors, we will have a look at the process of project management and will develop our own business project step by step. At each stage, thanks to lectures and practices, we will learn some theory on topics that are important for a well-done business project. Also we will see how a successful business works from the inside during a company visit. Soft-skills are in the focus of the program. We will have many opportunities to train them thanks to different cross-cultural communications. Corporate partners of the program will give us insights about the importance of these skills for our employability and careers. At the end, we will present our business projects to the professional (mixed academic and corporate) jury to demonstrate the knowledge and skills we have gained and get instant feedback from the experts.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- - To get theoretical knowledge about project management and soft skills demanded in the current business and management; - To train the ability to develop a business idea and to test its feasibility; - To develop the soft skills necessary for effective work in an international team, leadership of an international team, motivation, project development and running, management and decision making; - To upgrade the skills of project presentation and ideas proving.
- Examination type:
- Project presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or student’s dorms
- Three meals per day, at least one of them hot (cooked and served by organizers or by local cafes)
- By public transport (for free) and on foot