Nano Med, Giga Progress... Be Nursed from Inside !
They all say size doesn't matter... But sometimes it does! Come in Grenoble to discover the possibilities and challenges presented by the recent outcomes concerning nanotechnologies in the field of medicine! Skilled lecturers will teach you everything you need to know about how nanotechnologies can cure you better and faster.
And while the subject of the course is *nano* technologies, you'll be in Grenoble so there will be *huge* parties too! Between a tartiflette and a glass of Chartreuse, you'll discover how we do it in the Alps, in the middle of the moutains!
- Content and topics:
- Lectures, company and laboratory visits, all about nanotechnologies applied to medicine will be provided. The topics raised will be: Nowadays, in the field of nanotechnologies, what is the most concrete way in which scientists can help doctors? What is the place of nanotechnologies in nowadays medicine? What are the expectations of doctors towards scientists and engineers? Which role engineers can/could play at the industrial scale of research in the field of nanotechnologies? What does a modern laboratory of research in nanotechnology look like? Are nanotechnologies sustainable for the human body? And for the Earth?
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of such a learning event is to provide participants with a global understanding of the current situation and issues in what concerns nanotechnologies applied to medicine.
- Examination type:
- Oral examination thanks to a project led by groups of four participants presented in front of the other participants, the organisers, and a panel of experts.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- People interested in the topic but not necessarily studying nanotechnologies. We want participants to be open-minded, eager to meet foreign students and to discover BEST spirit.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- hall of residence (university) & country cottage(s)
- Three meals per day will be provided by the organizers with at least one of them hot.
- by Feet, Bike, Bus and Tramway.