I made it, I ate it!
Breakfast, brunch, lunch, supper, dinner, snack...
Sounds like your everyday life??! Yes, just like mine!
I know you put everything edible in your mouth and feel great pleasure afterwards when you are full!
But, have you ever thought Where does this food come from? or How it is made? or How many people have worked on that??!
No? Well, neither have I :P!
During 2 weeks in this summer you will have an opportunity to learn new facts about food engineering and product development.
You will visit labs, different companies and turn back in time when people used to live in the farms and had to make all the food and beverages themselves!
And if you havent been to Estonia and partied with the Estonians yet, then it's your loss...
Fortunately, you are 1 click away from the most unforgettable 2weeks of your summer 2010.
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- You will *attend lectures related to food technology *go to laboratories to make your own bread, beer, yoghurt, ... *will visit many companies and see how the food is produced there *will turn back in time when people used to live in the farms and had to make all the food and beverages themselves!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To give a great overview of food and its technology. Theoretical lectures enriched with company visits and practical work.
- Examination type:
- Practical exam or/and presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We select 24 participants based on their motivation letters and try to keep diversity between countries and equal number of girls and boys.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth hostel next to the university; possibly sleeping in tents/campings at the weekend trips.
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm, will be provided in the university canteen, restaurants in Tallinn or by self-catering.
- Public transportation, taxis, rented buses (foot taxies:P)