Push me Pull you: The electrifying truth behind piezoelectrics
Copenhagen!! The land of the little mermaid from the fairytale of H.C. Andersen. A country with the unique combination of a buzzing city life and a flat green country side. In this summer course we offer you a taste of the technological advancements in the fields of piezoelectric. A technology that has entered our lives without a warning. Piezoelctrics include simple devices such as loud speakers and buzzers to high tech applications such as micro-motors and ultrasonic transducers. The main objectives for this course are to provide an introduction into the wide world of piezoelectricity, including: its practical application; the state of the art in
materials and devices; the future prospects and how to apply the unique features of these materials to our needs. No prior knowledge about piezoelectricity is needed or expected. The course will contain both lectures, group discussions and company visits to keep you thrilled and wanting to learn more. If that is not enough, then think of the possibility of meeting 60 people from all points of Europe, live and learn with them for a period of 9 days. Be prepared for 9 crazy days where you will get to know the Nordic culture, swim in the
Baltic sea and learn to party like the Vikings.
- Content and topics:
- Topic: Piezoelectric Materials and Devices Content: Lectures, Company visits etc.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to give the participants an introduction to: 1. Application and wide practical utilization of piezoelectric materials in different areas. 2. Basics of the phenomena such as ferroelectricity, piezoelectricity, and their practical use in devices. 3. Different existing forms of ferroelectric and piezoelectric materials (bulk, thick films, thin films etc) and their advantages and disadvantages for different applications. 4. Metrology and measurement techniques in the field of piezoelectric materials and devices. 5. State of the art and future prospects of piezoelectric materials and devices.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participant should have interest in physics and electronics. The participant should also be open minded and willing to meet other people from all over Europe.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Three meals a day, of which at least one will be warm.
- Mainly public transportation will be used including buses, train and taxis at times.