Biomass: Tap the wood stock !
December 2012, apocalypse is soon ! If you can make it until next spring, wouldn't it be time to think about some alternatives to fossil energy. Why not Biomass ?
And why not in Grenoble: mountain, french kiss & sun !!! And also raclette, hicking, Chartreuse and a lot more just for you. Apply, come and see!
If you :
- are into environmental issues.
- want to learn more about Biomass and the potential applications it bears.
- Meet experts and companies working on the Biomass.
- want to have an amazing week-end in a cottage lost somewhere in the mountains.
- work hard, and party harder in a French style !
- want to discover French culture, French people and other French stuff.
Come enjoy awesomeness in Grenoble!
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Chemical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Materials Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This course will provide knowledge on Biomass and its applications (particularly biofuel, biomaterials). With a state of the actual art, and future developments. The participants will attend lectures, visit laboratories, meet companies and make a case study on Biomass issues.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course aims to provide an overview of this subject. We will focus on innovation in that field. The aim is to provide to the participants a better understanding of some of the most important issues about Biomass and what is currently done at different scales.
- Examination type:
- Case study throughout the course on an issue related to the development of biomass.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Only motivation letter and answer to questions. We are looking for open-minded participants that enjoy discovering new cultures and are willing to learn more on biomass possibilities. Former knowledge on the topic is not obligatory.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory or hotel
- 3 meals per day. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public transport (tramway, bus)