H2O. Think outside the sink!
Have you ever thought how much water you are consuming during a month?
Have you ever thought that for a lot of people drinking water is a happiness?
Have you ever thought that there are wars in some countries that are caused by the lack of clean water?
You are welcome to summer course about the most important theme in the World - water! H20.Think outside the sink!
22 participants from Europe. 30 organizers from Riga. Fascinating lectures from the best professors. Company visits to the places where you haven?t been before. The theme that is a big problem in the whole World.
10 sleepless nights
10 days of fun
10 days of making new friends
10 days of new emotions
10 days in Riga!
Can You charm one glass of water,
Directly like Harry Potter?
You will change your boring life
City, Riga - be your wife!
- Fields of activity:
- Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Geology , Industrial Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Production Engineering/Management
- Content and topics:
- Water abstraction, water treatment, water distribution, water consumption, waste water treatment, water quality, water sustainability, groundwater cleaning and quality, economic problems with water etc.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal of the course is to be familiar with complete water cycle in the environment : from getting clean water to wastewater treatment. The course contains visits to wastewater treatment company, laboratory works and case study relevant to the course theme.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation of group work
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select 22 participants based on their motivation letters and answers to questions. What's more, we will try to keep the diversity between the countries and keep genders balanced.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel or dormitory of University
- Three meals per day, at least one of them warm.
- Public transportation, bicycles, walking