Into the food wild: from agro-bio diversity to healthy food development
If you were out on the streets asking people, what's science? You would probably hear stuff like: Einstein? Laboratory? Intelligence? Science fiction???
But how many of them would answer: FOOD?!!!
We can assure you that after one week in the crazy town of Louvain-la-Neuve you are going to be part of the unique handful of people that is going to give this peculiar answer!
How come? If cooking is an art, knowing your ingredients is a science! Throughout this course you will embark on a journey that will take you from agro-bio-diversity to the development of healthy food items. You are going to find out things you would have never thought of before and you will definitely think twice whenever you sit in front of your meal.
One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. - Virginia Woolf
And what a better place to do that than Belgium? Yes, we might be a small country but we are a MIGHTY one ! Be ready for the BEST fries ever, the BEST beers, the BEST chocolate ! (And our world-wide famous national Manneken Pis)
And more specifically Louvain-la-Neuve !
(Yes, you can google "24 heures vélo de Louvain-la-Neuve" if you need to be convinced it is one of the coolest places on Earth)
Homeland to the craziest parties you've normally only heard of in the movies !
Ready for this AMAZING 9 days full of party-ness, mad-ness, thisIsTheBestTimeOfMyLife-ness?
We want YOU to be part of it ! You won't regret it !
Don't be shy, just apply !
- Fields of activity:
- Agronomics/Forestry , Applied Sciences , Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The event will be composed mainly of 2 big parts: first, an academic part about bio-ingredients and what is on the market. This part will be as interesting and as interactive as possible. The second part will be more about how to use it, how to make them interact so that by the end of the course you'll be experts... Of course the event will be intertwined with visits of cities, but also leisure and surprise activities. Of course, you do not have to forget the unforgettable parties that we will organize for you!
- Learning goals and objectives:
- -Become experts in the field of bio diversity ingredients choosing -Become responsible chosers of what to mix and what not -Become actors in the world of tomorrow for new foods -Become new cool and sexy cooks
- Examination type:
- Written exam or Oral evaluation, whatever will be more representative
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We're looking for responsible, outgoing students who want to meet new people, discover Belgium and the student folklore. Show us you like & know something about the topic and that you are fun and LOVING as well. Make sure your motivation letter is FUN and CREATIVE!!! Give us a hard time choosing participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Comfortable student dormitory
- We provide breakfast and two meals a day (lunch & dinner),at least a hot one per day.
- We will be mainly walking but we we'll use the train as well as the bus and the car.