SustainDustry: Greener than Green
Have you always dreamt of visiting Iceland, the land of fire and ice and experience nights when the sun never sets?
Do you want to learn about the industry here and how it supports Iceland in becoming more sustainable? How ferrosilicon and aluminum are produced? How can renewable methanol be produced with environmentally friendly technology? And how does all this industry affect the environment?
During this course, you will get the chance to:
– visit different industrial plants and learn about the production processes
– learn about green industry and renewable energy
– spend the whole week with new friends from various universities
– get to know the Icelandic culture and our city, Reykjavik
– experience the warm summertime in Iceland! (up to 15°C)
– and most importantly enjoy the BEST Spirit and make unforgettable memories!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Different large scale industries in Iceland, the production processes and how the companies work towards minimizing their contribution to pollution.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To learn about the industry in Iceland, what is produced, about some of the effects of the environment in Iceland and how Iceland is working towards sustainability. To understand what we can do as individuals to minimize pollution and work towards sustainability, both locally and globally.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The motivational letter and professional answers to the questions. Interest in Iceland's uniqueness and in this particular field.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- In a sports hall located on the University of Iceland campus
- 3 meals per day, at least one warm and cooked. Arrangements will be made for people with a special diet.
- Mostly walking, and sometimes organisers cars.