ICE AGE: A world without petroleum
Hi people!! Are you ready for the most fun migration of your life?? Don't you feel your instinct saying it's time to leave your cave, take your wanderlust and spirit of fun and go away?! The destination: obviously the sunny city of Naples!! Here you will find a lot of very strange animals, who will show how your near future will be about energy sources. Forget fossil fuels, they are the past!! It's time to use your imagination (our crazyness will help you..) and find other ways to produce energy!!!
In this course we will explore all renewable energy sources, in either theoretical and practically ways, making a lot of company visits. After this course you will have a good overview of all the existing renewable energy sources, and what you need to do to improve them. You will return after having lived the Best experience of your life, feeling the BEST spirit of electric Naples, an awesome city in Southern Italy surrounded by the wonderful landscape of the Vesuvius volcano, dominating on the blue bay where you can see the islands of Capri and Ischia, not far from the wonderful ancient Pompeii and the awesome gardens of the royal palace in Caserta. You'll get crazy from the sunrise until the sunset, tasting the amazing movida of Naples all night long.
- Content and topics:
- You'll have a detailed overview of all kind of alternative energy sources.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- You'll learn the positive and negative aspects of each type of alternative energy source: the costs, the impact in our future life and the new job opportunities that this field offers. You will understand the physical principles at the base of these technologies. You will visit a lot of companies to see directly the construction methods, and the state of art of these technologies.
- Examination type:
- written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participant will be selected by their interest in the topic and their motivation letter...be creative!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be lodged near our University, in 3/4 places bungalows or university dormitory.
- 3 meals, at least one hot meal a day: continental and mediterranean breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pasta everyday: welcome to Italy =)
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.