REACH OUT FOR THE SUN. MagicBox: where Domotics, Renewable Energies and New Materials meet to build the house of your dreams
Our university (UPM) has been the only European University selected to participate in the Solar Decathlon-05, developed in USA, with the project Magic Box. The competition proposals meet the requirements of a 21st century house and intends to put together good architectural practices and a rational use of energy, integrating renewable sources with information and communication technologies.
Taking advantage of the situation, we’ve decided to organize this incredible SC, which is not only an excellent opportunity to complete your academic background, but also one where you will have a great time knowing more about our culture, warm people and…parties ;-)
We’ll spend the first ten days in Madrid where you’ll have the lessons at the University of Telecomunication Engineering and enjoy with the magic of our capital, characterized by intense cultural and artistic activity and a very lively nightlife (yeeeees, with our well-known “tapas” and “sangría”!) The following five days we’ll travel to Basque Country and Navarra (northern Spain), in first place we’ll visit Sarriguren ecocity, located next to Pamplona, where the famous San Fermin festivities take place in July!! (do you know when???? ;-) ). Afterwards, we’ll go to Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao and to one of the most beautiful beaches of Spain, la Concha, in San Sebastian.
Are you ready to learn a lot of interesting things, to meet new good friends, to have the greatest time here and to taste our BEST parties in Madrid and the beaches of Basque Country???
What are you waiting for to apply to this course???
We are looking for you to come!!!!!
ATTENTION: The departure day will be on the 18th of July from San Sebastian. Look it up in DEPARTURE DAY CONDITIONS in our SC web page.
- Content and topics:
- New technologies and innovative ways of building a bioclimatic house: ·The competition "Solar Decathlon" and the proposal "Magic Box", a positive demonstration of how solar energy can be applied in building comfortable and appealing homes. ·Bioclimatic architecture and new construction materials ·Solar energy and renewable energies ·Domotics and new technologies of communication
- Learning goals and objectives:
- .To learn how to design and build an attractive and livable home self sustined. ·To learn how to incorporate to the equipment of our houses and buildings a technology that allows to manage the different apparatuses and traditional domestic facilities (heating, washing machine, illumination,...)in a safe, efficient and comfortable way. .To learn how to use renewable energies and the application of solutions of Domotics.
- Examination type:
- Continuos assessment
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- ·Motivated people with any conection with the topic ·Originality ·People eager to meet new people
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Students residence and camping tents
- In the students residence, restaurants and picnic
- Bus to Basque Country and Navarra