Aircrafts:There's no flying without wings
Are you interested in learning how to design an aircraft?
This summer you get the chance to learn all about it from top professors at Transylvania University of Brasov.
The course provides an introduction to the aerodynamic analysis and 3D modelling of aircraft wings. The course covers concepts in basic aerofoil analysis, configuration of aircraft components, elements of aerodynamics, aircraft design, lift and drag representations, aerodynamic analysis – aircraft performance, aircraft wings basics and Solid Works basics.
This amazing course takes place in Brasov, also known as "probably the BEST city in Romania" for its incredible sights, rich history and friendly and welcoming locals. Situated in the famous Transylvania, the land of Dracula, surrounded by mountains, it surely is the BEST place to mix up learning about an interesting topic, with thousands of opportunities to have fun, discover amazing places, new friendships at every step.
I bet we've caught your attention, so start making plans for this summer, apply to this awesome event, and let us help you create unforgettable memories in what will probably be the BEST summer of your life. So what are you waiting for?
Your summer is going to be legen...wait for it...dary!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- -Important achievements of the following inventors / researchers: Conrad Hass (1509-1576), Traian Vuia (1872-1950), Aurel Vlaicu (1882- 1913), Henri Coandă (1886 – 1972), Hermann Oberth (1894- 1989). -Fundamentals of wing section (airfoil) design; Basic Aerofoil Analysis; Aerodynamic forces and moments, Analysis tool for airfoils, wings and aircrafts -Introduction, Aircraft wing basics, SolidWorks software basics, 3D modelling of an aircraft wing.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Objectives: 1. Introduce basic concepts of aerodynamics analysis directly related to flight mechanics of aircraft. 2. Students should gain knowledge in the aerodynamic forces and moments on airfoil, wing and aircraft in subsonic flow. 3. To provide students with fundamental understanding of aerodynamic performance of a subsonic aircraft wing at various incidence angles. 4. Design of an aircraft wing using Solid Works software.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will look for open-minded and social people, interested on this topic. The selection will be based on the motivation letter and also on the answers given to the questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- The participants will be hosted in one of the best dormitories of "Transilvania" University campus. Rooms have 4 beds, their own shower and bathroom.
- Three meals per day are included. At least one hot meal per day.
- Public transportation