Be reactive: THINK nuCLEAR!!
Nuclear: just a scary word or the future? The future!!!
And it is also an enormous area of investigation in bio-technologies, energy, physics, electronics, etc...
Nuclear is everywhere, and it’s power is one of the reasons it’s so scary. Come and find out where it is, how it works and where it will lead us. From the nuclear medicine, to newest nuclear fission power plants and to the dream of dominating and infinite power source: nuclear fusion power plants.
Where? In Lisbon!!
For 2 weeks learn, party, dance, sing, smile, watch the sunset in the ocean and enjoy the most powerful fusion reactor (the Sun!!!) in one of the most beautiful cities in Europe!!!!
So what are you waiting for? Apply now!!!!!!
- Content and topics:
- The course will focus on nuclear fission, fusion, medicine and agriculture. To provide practical knowledge 2 nuclear reactors for scientific research will be visited: a fusion reactor and a fission reactor (tokamak) as well as nuclear medicine facilities
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To have an overview in some of the newest and most important applications of nuclear technology, covering a wide area of knowledge: medicine, physics, energy, electronics, agriculture and other.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter. No specific academic requirements on the subject needed. We will try to keep the 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as good nationality diversity.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- During the week days and the last weekend we’ll stay at the university dormitory. (3 floors, 15 double rooms, 1 bathroom per floor, 1 living room with sofas, TV). During the first trip and the first weekend we’ll camp and/or stay at youth hostels
- For those who eat... :P ... : Breakfast: at the dorm a typical Portuguese breakfast every morning (milk, juice, bread, cheese, ham, coffee, and tea). Lunch/Dinner: during the week meals will be normally served at the University canteen (2 hot meals), on special occasions (weekends, parties, field-trips) we’ll provide sandwiches, arrange barbeques or cook special meals according to the different occasions.
- From the university's dorm to the class room it's about 10 minutes walking. For the traveling in Portugal we'll use the university's bus. In Lisbon we will use public transportation (subway, bus, train and tram).