Fly me to the Moon, so I can play among the stars!
Ladies and gentlemen,
this is Capitan MO speaking;
welcome aboard to the flight NA3010 operated by BEST Napoli,
Please, fasten your seatbelts, place your seat in vertical position and put on your sunglasses cause... WE ARE LEAVING TO NAPOLI!!
We remind you that during this flight is not allowed to get bored.
During our flight, we will be able to discover how a huge iron bird of 100 tons can fly higher than 30.000 feet and faster than 1000 km/h. You will realize that all this is not science fiction but the state-of-the-art tecnology. You will learn, touch, experience and practice with aircafts (and much more than you can even imagine) , starting from the tail, passing through engines and wings, and "landing" into the cockpit.
We inform you that the weather in Naples is sunny and the temperatures will rise during this week because of a bunch of crazy european students.
Moreover you will enjoy the only place where you can taste "pizza napoletana": the real one!!! Warmed by the shiny sun on Southern Italy and cradled by the fresh waves of Tyrrhenian Sea, you will have the unique chance of visiting Pompeii, the Vesuvius volcano and our wonderful islands. Naples: an ancient, mysterious, magic... extraordinary city!
...we hope that you have had a pleasant flight and we will be glad to see you aboard soon
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Production Engineering/Management , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You will have an overview of all fields concerning airplanes. Aerodynamics, jet propulsion, avionics, maintenance, flight controls, cockpit systems and flight maneuvers.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn the phisic laws used by an airplane, included the engines, the flight surfaces. Also know the systems used for the construction, maintenance and reparation of an airplane.
- Examination type:
- written examination
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will be lodged near our University, in 3/4 beds each room in bungalow or university dormitory.
- 3 meals, at least one hot meal a day: continental and mediterranean breakfast, lunch and dinner. Pasta everyday: welcome to Italy =) of course all different kinds of pasta
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs