Tomorrow's World.Let's make it last!
Yes , you, the engineer of tomorrow!
Are you dreaming of an unforgettable summer, having the time of your life while learning about sustainable development? Are you studying engineering and don?t know what you?ll be doing in the future? Are you aware that we can fuel our need for energy without extracting the life out of this planet?
Let's learn together how to wisely use our natural resources with minimum adverse impact and maximum positive impact on people and the environment. You can learn about all of these while discovering the charm of Cluj-Napoca, chosen to be the European Youth Capital 2015. Yeah, making the world a better place can be fun.
You know what to do now, right? Grab a pen(laptop), channel all your energy productively and convince us you are the one who will make a difference!
Enough talk, apply NOW!
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Applied Sciences , Automotive Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechatronics , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Sustainable development Engineering and sustainable development Renewable energies Smart grids Ecodesign
- Learning goals and objectives:
- As the infrastructure and engineering products and processes are becoming more and more complex, engineers need to integrate consideration of whole-life environmental and social impacts ? positive as well as negative ? with the mainstream and commercial aspects of their work.Wise use of natural resources, minimum adverse impact and maximum positive impact on people and the environment are the targets. The course will help the students: -appreciate why consideration of sustainability is in their interest; -how renewable sources can contribute to a healthier environment; -assess the positive impact of the smart grid for a better exploitation of the electric energy sources; -understand the role of clean and efficient vehicle for a sustainable transport.
- Examination type:
- Project or Practical Work
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to the questions and interest in the topic.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student`s dormitory
- Three meals per day: breakfast in dormitory and 2 hot meals
- Public transport