SMART & Furious !!!
Have you ever dreamt of a world where your home is thinking for you ?
An appartment that can cook for you, clean up behind you, wake you up...
An appartment that can take care of you after a hard night (a priceless feature
during BEST courses)
And all of that available at the tip of your hands :
thanks to a very powerful A.I., anything can be controlled through your tablet or your smartphone ! You can also be advised on how to save power, how to be ecological or even how to be the laziest person alive !
So now, close your eyes and imagine :
Guys : once you get home, a beer is brought to you, the sofa leans just how you like it, the football game turns itself on and the PS4 controller comes to you once your team is loosing !
Gals : the bath is filling up with (perfumed thingies) as the best breakfast you could ever have (even better than your boyfriend's) is brought to bed. Don't worry, the last episode of Gossip girl is being downloaded at the same time !
So what will you learn during this event ?
-New captor technologies applied to smart building
-Automatic management system swag & computer science
-Thermodynamics, material properties and energy flow management for buildings
-Awesome laboratories and right off the edge smart buildings visits
Grenoble is more than just the BEST place for science, creamy and cheesy Tartiflette, Tarantino's beloved Chartreuse, cottage parties in the middle of snowy mountains !
So what are you waiting for to rock the Alps ?
Your beloved organisers can't wait to see you here !
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Civil Engineering , Computational Sciences , Computer Engineering , Computer Science/Automatic Control/Informatics , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Economics/Business Administration/Marketing , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Industrial Management , Materials Engineering , Mathematics , Mechanical Engineering , Multimedia and Communication Design , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Territory Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- During the course you will learn the bases of smart buildings science : How a sensor is used and why. What materials do we use for this type of buildings ? Is buildings the only thing we have to change to improve our lifestyle ? the lectures will be about materials science, electronic sensors and programmation. The visit of real smart buildings will be also an important point of the course : It will be functional buildings or prototype in Laboratory.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Discover the principle of the smart buildings and learn what are the tools used in this type of buildings. There is three important points in the operation of smart buildings : The capture of the information, the transmission of the information and the act in response. Also the construction of the batiment is important : the materials used and the architecture of the building. The main objective will be to learn how every point can be functional and how each point is connected to the other.
- Examination type:
- Test or presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to three specific questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student Residence
- 3 meals per day (at least one cooked) provided by the organisers.
- Foot, public transportation (bus, tram, ...)