CheMystery : Come and Find the Solution!
Welcome to the country of French fries!
No, you are not in France, you are in Belgium!
You will discover the charm of the heart of Europe, its beautiful old Grand Place and maybe you will find out why people are so crazy about a little peeing boy? By the way, how about tasting the delicious Belgian chocolate or drinking one of the 2000 kinds of beers that we have here in our small country?
But don?t worry! Between two crazy parties you will, of course, have a few lectures.
Fortunately, the topic will be great. If you ask a chemist, he will say that everything around us is chemical and chemistry related. Have you ever wondered why?
Here, in the center of Europe, we will tell you about chemistry, all about chemistry and everything about chemistry. You will learn what chemistry is already doing for you as we speak, because indeed chemistry is present in every aspect of our everyday life! You will learn that chemistry is already solving problems in various fields, from energy to medicines, from crops to plastic.
But even more interesting, you will learn what will chemistry do for us in the FUTURE! What problems it will tackle, what new possibilities it will make reveal, what existing technologies it will improve! And you will of course have prcontentcoof of all this, seeing them with your own eyes, by visiting chemical companies present in Belgium.
Well, only if you apply to our mysterious Belgian adventure, of course. Chem on, apply now!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Pharmacy
- Content and topics:
- Introductions on various topics related to chemistry. The course will talk about the synthesis and characterization of products and materials, ranging from molecular systems to bulk inorganic materials. The industrial applications of this knowledge will also be seen, ranging from solar cells to bioplastics and from smart glass to pharmacology.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course should give a good overview of all those topics, with presentations and demonstrations done by various teachers from the university. The goal of this course is to make people interested in chemistry and to sensitise them to its importance and its role, both now and in the future.
- Examination type:
- Written exam on a current chemistry subject
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and questionnaire
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel
- One warm meal per day will be supplied, in addition to a breakfast and a sandwiches meal.
- Public transport