Energy from Solar Systems: the Sun even by Night!
Have you ever thought to have the sun also by night? Have you ever heard about energy from solar systems? Have you burned by the hottest sun on summer?
In Sicily you can!
Every year Sicily is visited by millions of tourists from around the world who are speechless on seeing clear and warm sea, hospitable, funny and cheerful persons, high temperatures... and cannoli.
All of this thanks to the Sun, our beloved, warm, bright summer sun!
The sun is our strength, why we drink a lot of cold beer, eat some fresh granite, accompanied by big arancini.
Why not to use the sun for electricity production, since it is free hanging from the sky?
Let's try to invent new ways to make better use of this free energy, the whole world could derive an advantage and accumulate power to use it night and day? We also could fry the croquettes and the beer is cool more quickly :)
Moreover thanks to modern technology of photovoltaic systems, the current can be produced by the sun without emitting exhaust fumes and carbon dioxide, the greenhouse's responsible. And it's all free and at home!
That's not all! We'll show you our beautiful land surrounded by wonderful landscapes, walking through the ancient streets of Taormina where the sunset can leave you breathless, climbing the Etna Volcano, trying our "imbuto" and "limoncello", eating a delicious "gelato", drinking the BEST "espresso". Ah... and don't forget your swimsuit ;-)
A HOT course is waiting for you, don't miss this opportunity!
- Fields of activity:
- Applied Sciences , Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Civil Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Physics/Physics Engineering , Power Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- You'll have an overview of issues relating to renewable sources and, specifically, the photovoltaic and solar thermal ones.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- This course wants to bring the sun as one of the most important sources of renewable energy, as an elegant, intelligent and extremely environmentally friendly alternative.
- Examination type:
- Written exam.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The participants will be selected by their interest about the topic of the course and their motivation.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory.
- University canteen, restaurants and provided by organizers. 3 meals, at least one hot meal a day.
- Public transport and private cars according to the needs.