Have you ever felt that you are almost dying for some sweets or a snack and then you eat too much? Afterwards you feel too satiated? This course will be about just that: FOOD. In today's world food and health is a central part of many peoples lives: working out and eating right is the key to a healthy lifestyle. Lund, Sweden's city of students, has a outstanding role in the food research and has many big, important food companies involved in developing new and healthy things for us to eat. Welcome to Lund, Sweden: the centre of innovations!
- Fields of activity:
- Biology , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- This course is about Food for your brain, Food for sportsman and Functional Food for young people. In the course you will be familiar with the latest functional food developed in Sweden, get to know how and why they were developed and understand the innovation behind the product.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The work in this course is to develop a concept for a functional food aimed for students. You will work in groups of 3 or 4 students and cover the area of the available raw materials, health aspects, production aspects, convenience and marketing aspects. Theoretical lectures enriched with company visits and practical work will guide you in your project work.
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation and written report.
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- We will select 22 participants on their motivation letter, great answers to our questions, interest on the topic and a huge smile all the time :) Unfortunately we wont be able to accept lactose nor gluten intolerants since food tastings will have a central part in the lectures.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitories close to campus. Students will sleep on beds or mattresses. Sheets will not be provided, so bring your own or a sleeping bag.
- Breakfast and two cooked meals a day will be served. Allergies must be specified before the event, otherwise we'll shove nuts down you throat no matter how much you will die! ;)
- Public transport and walking. Crawling home at night...