Mobility in Smart Cities: we like to move it move it!
Have you ever dreamed of looking at a city from high above? How do you think it would feel to control the traffic as if cars were little ants walking in a line? Have you ever deliberated about possible ways to combine public and private transportation in a reasonable manner?
How about if we give you the chance to find out how a smart city works, i.e. to take advantage of abundance of real-time information that surrounds us and use it to enhance the mobility of any city?
So, wouldn't you like to discover how this magnificent system works and to immerse yourself in it?
If so, join us in September! Come to find out how to put an end to all these urban problems and, by doing so, to fall in love with this city! Give your summer the final touch and indulge in 10-day-long magic of Barcelona!
Oh, and fear not, mate! This is not only about daunting lectures, this is your chance to get to know people from all over the continent, to inhale the BEST spirit - to feel Europe!
Intrigued yet? Well, BEST Barcelona and this fabulous Mediterranean city are eager to have you here, so...don't be shy and apply!
- Fields of activity:
- Civil Engineering , Control Engineering/Systems engineering , Environmental Engineering , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- In this course we will learn about mobility: why is it important and how actual cities deal with it. We will have a great overview, as different professors and experts will tell us how to combine traffic, real-time information, sensors and economy. Although there will be intensive sessions, we'll have time to enjoy the city and the load of activities we've prepared especially for you.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give participants an overwiev of the topic of the course
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and the answers to the three questions
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Youth Hostel
- Organisers will provide you breakfast, lunch and dinner each day of the course. At least one of them per day will be a warm meal.
- Organisers will provide you public transportation tickets.