SMART ENERGY - Don't waste it...use it BEST!!
Nowadays everyone of us has heard about renewable energy plants (unless some BEST members are hermits living on high mountain...that'd be cool but unlikely!), few people know how
they're implemented into the power distribution network and what measures are needed so that all that nature-respectful energy doesn't get wasted.
We'll explore various green energy sources, how a single power station works, its performances and its limits.
Then the course will get to its core : smart grids. Getting a look to the bigger picture, we'll see how today and future electric power networks are designed, how they're supported by powerful informatic tools and how everything, from an house to an electric car to an eolic wheel, works together to get the BEST use of energy!
Are you ready for use energies in a smart way?
Are you ready for feel the atmospehre of the most beautiful city in the world?
Are you ready for have animal parties?
Apply now....this is ROME!!!
- Fields of activity:
- Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Power Engineering , Territory Engineering
- Content and topics:
- What about energie's sources and how to use them smart.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The overall goal is to give an understanding of how renewable energy power stations work, as a single object and especially as a whole system. We want to highlight the importance of some optimization measures in order to deal with the aleatory elements introduced in the power distribution network by this kind of green technologies.
- Examination type:
- written or presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter, answers to questions, and interest in topic
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- University dormitory
- Three meals a day, at least one warm
- public transportation and organizer's car