Batteries to power, turbines to speed, kick it baby!
Have you ever wondered why you are able to enjoy your pizza in a warm, cosy room in the middle of the night while the rest of the world is sleeping? Have you thought about how this energy is created and delivered to your doorstep...? Be ready to make an exciting journey through the world of power generation where water, wind, atoms and cells prove to be more than the eye can see.
- Content and topics:
- conventional energy sources, solar energy, wind energy, wave energy, bio-batteries, nuclear fusion, electromagnetic energy conversion, generators, power grids...
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Participants will recieve an objective view on power generation. We will compare conventional and alternative power sources and put them into perspective.
- Examination type:
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter. 20 Students will be selected, keeping in mind a 50%-50% gender distribution, as well as a good nationality diversity. Participant need to be able to ride a bike, as it is our main transportation means in Ghent.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Participants will stay at youth hostels, hiker cabins and dorms.
- Good Belgian food: breakfast, lunch and dinner. either lunch or dinner will be hot, the other one will be sandwiches.
- bike!, bus, train, car... All transportation costs during the SC will be covered by us, you will also recieve a bicycle, which you should be able to operate.