Go ahead, print my day!
From robotics to manufacturing and materials engineering, 3D printing has redefined the way in which we approach problems in research or industry.
Given its background as one of the leading agents of the Fourth Industrial Revolution, its current hype and how it enables conceptualization and autonomous fabrication, it is becoming not only a ever-growing hobby, but also more and more of an exciting and actual topic for any student in the fields of engineering and technology.
Whether you see 3D printing as a future career path or just as a hobby, the heart of Europe awaits you! Come to Zurich and discover with us the future of additive manufacturing while enjoying tasty chocolate and getting amazed by our thousands of lakes and the beauty of the Swiss Alps.
- Fields of activity:
- Biological/Biotechnical/Gene Engineering , Biomedical Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Electronic/Electrotechnical Engineering , Materials Engineering
- Content and topics:
- The course will cover the basics of 3D printing, areas of application and will provide a complete experience in additive manufacturing. The course contains 20 hours of lectures, tasks and company visits guided by professionals in the field such as professors and researchers.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Give an Introduction to the student in 3D Printing theory and discuss the current Hot Topics in research
- Examination type:
- Oral presentation or Final Test
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- The main criteria for the selection are the motivation letter and the answers to the questions, where we focus on the interest in the topic. Furthermore, we want to ensure cultural diversity and gender balance among the participants.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will be hosted in a hostel, guesthouse or student dormitory.
- Three meals a day, at least one of them hot. Cooked and served by our helpful organisers or local restaurants.
- Public transport, walking