Da Vinci's kids
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
- Leonardo Da Vinci
Want to discover architecture in a city whose buildings are a testimony of European history?
Want to understand how graphic design works in the modern world?
Then join our course and its two topics, making it twice as interesting:
Architecture and Design!
Discover Lviv, the cultural capital of Ukraine, and the impact of different European architectures on the city. Several important kingdoms of Europe contributed to the making of Lviv as we know it today. The numerous nationalities who lived in Lviv (Jewish, Polish, Lithuanian, Armenian, Austrian) strongly impacted its architecture.
In parallel to these classes on architecture, you will also discover what function a designer takes in modern society. What are the processes inherent to design thinking, how to improve user experience with visual design, ...
But the course will not be only about lectures and workshops:
To truly understand the atmosphere of Lviv, we will walk through old paved streets, full of aromas of coffee or chocolat, as restaurants and cafes also belong to the uniqueness of Lviv.
Numerous attractions, monuments and pubs are waiting for you!
So, are you ready for your BEST summer???
- Fields of activity:
- Architectural Engineering , Architecture , Multimedia and Communication Design
- Content and topics:
- - Introduction to ensembles and combination of leading styles of European architecture in Lviv. - Introduction to modern design techniques
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The main goal of the course is to familiarize with architecture and design using the example of our city, which was built in different epochs: from Baroque to Modernism.
- Examination type:
- Team design
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivational letter and answers to the questions. Show us your interest, spirit and originality!
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- 3 meals per day; at least one hot dish
- Public transport; on foot