Can Robots Mindstorm - Challenge your creativity with LEGO
Would you like to visit an enchanted kingdom, from where fairytales were created and castles are still inhabited by princes and a princess?
Would you like to meet and network with 30 other young engineering students from all over the world?
Then travel to the old Viking kingdom for 11 days mixed with both amazing fun and educational events. You will get a chance to get to know the Danish culture, see a large part of the kingdom, while learning about robotics and automation. The course will focus on designing and building robots, using LEGO’s new MINDSTORMS NXT, and will consist of both theoretical and practical lessons.
Be a part of the robot revolution, and challenge your creativity!
- Content and topics:
- Automation and robotics Content: Lectures, practical exercises, robot development, programming and testing, company visits etc.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The aim of the course is to give the participants an introduction to: 1. The use of autonomous robots and its sensors. 2. Calibration of sensors. 3. Calculations of the steady state of a feedback system. 4. Debugging and solving practical tasks in the laboratory. 5. Analyzing a task and planning the solution using a given mobile robot (Both the university's robots and LEGO Mindstorms) 6. Programming a robot and designing its software.
- Examination type:
- written & presentation
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Participant should have interest in robots and LEGO. The participant should also be open minded and willing to meet other people from all over Europe.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel,local dorm and tents
- Three meals a day, of which at least one will be warm.
- Mainly public transportation will be used including buses, train and taxis at times. For longer trips: Coach Transportation will be payed by the organizers