I'm sweet like candy, hot as chili and healthy like vitamins
In Sweden we believe in an old saying which states: "You are what you eat". Is it really that simple? Or is it more about what food does to us? Imagine the possibility to strengthen certain abilities in us depending on what you eat, to be able to think more clearly or remembering things better when you eat a specific substance. Innovation in the field of food technology is the topic we invite you all to join us for this summer in Lund.
Besides the academical part in university you will be joining for company visits. You will be given the opportunity to visit some local sites in Sweden, hear polar bears roam in the streets, try the ancient viking drink mead, experience ALL of Sweden's holidays and party nordic style all night long. Do you want to join us? Don't wait another minute and Apply Now!
- Fields of activity:
- Biology , Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Food Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Multidisciplinary aspects on "Food for your brain", "Food for sportsman" and "Functional Food for young people"
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The course aims at giving the student an introduction to different ways of creating functional food for young people. The course also aims to illustrate how food technology has to be integrated with knowledge in raw materials, health aspects, production aspects, packaging aspects, convenience and marketing aspects.
- Examination type:
- Written report and oral presentation.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Being interested in food and the different importance of ingredients, components and taste.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Student dormitory rooms, private apartments and Cabin during the weekend.
- Regular Ordinary Swedish Meal
- Walking, Car, Public Transport