Green power. What else?
Are you concerned about all the fossil fuels we are burning without control and the pollution we face nowadays? Do you find scary how European governments seem to have different diplomatic standards depending on the oil and gas the country they are dealing with has?
Do you want to discover Madrid, its wonders and night life and the company of some Spanish hosts? Have you always wanted to experience the warmest temperatures in Europe?
Then, this is your course. This summer you will learn about renewable energies and their different properties and advantages, but also about the main challenges that exist when we try to use them at a large scale. You will understand the difficulties and costs of this renewable generation, but also the benefits of reduced oil and gas imports.
You will enjoy a city full of life and things to do and get in contact with the Spanish culture first-hand. You will leave loving Madrid.
Don't hesitate and apply now, we already know there's only one possible solution for Europe.
Green power. What else?
- Fields of activity:
- Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering , Architectural Engineering , Chemical Engineering , Civil Engineering , Electrical/Electromechanical Engineering , Environmental Engineering , Industrial Engineering , Machine & Instrument engineering/Design , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Power Engineering , Rural and Surveying Engineering , Telecommunications/Electronics , Transport Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Overview of different renewable energy sources: - Wind power - Solar energy - Hydraulic power - Off-shore and sea resources - Biomass energy Energy storaging technology Energy resources used currently in Europe and their viability
- Learning goals and objectives:
- The objective of this course is to provide the participants with basic knowledge about the different renewable energy sources and their potential to increase european self-sufficiency in energy generation. To achieve this target, basic technical functioning of every main renewable source will be explained, as well as an overview of their current development and their growing margin, their cost, the viability of installing more power and their advantages and difficulties to generate the power required by the grid every moment.
- Examination type:
- Group evaluation of a case study and presentation of the outcomes.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter and answers to the proposed questions.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Hostel in Madrid
- Canteen food, picnics and restaurants. 3 meals/day, at least one hot
- Public Transport