Is it just me, or is it getting hot in here?
The impact of the human species on the planet is undeniable. The global temperature break global records, every year again.
We are emitting more greenhouse gasses than ever and the global energy demand increases by one-third from 2010 to 2035, the need for renewable electricity is bigger than ever. A lot of research has been conducted to create a new revolution: the Sustainable Revolution. The goal of this research is how to become climate neutral and make sure humanity can pass a sustainable environment on to the next generation. That’s why the city of Leuven has decided they want to make the city climate neutral by 2030.
We will focus on renewable energy, reducing our energy consumption and how we can reduce our impact on the climate. We’ll explore different methods from different fields as Chemistry and Energy Engineering to help us reach our goal.
This will happen in the most exciting student city of Belgium, Leuven. Here you can prove your innovative spirit so we can reach the goal of making Leuven climate neutral!
- Fields of activity:
- Chemical Engineering , Chemistry/Chemical Technology , Environmental Engineering , Materials Engineering , Mechanical Engineering , Mining/Mineral Resources Engineering , Petroleum Engineering , Power Engineering
- Content and topics:
- Climate neutrality and how technology can help us to become climate neutral.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn new methods and how to implement them to become climate neutral.
- Examination type:
- Presenting the results of a case study.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- A motivation letter and their answer on 3 question. We are look for fun open minded people interested in climate neural technology.
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- Lodging from a local youth movement.
- 3 meals a day, at least one of those is a hot meal.
- By bike and public transportation.