FINANCIAL CRIMES - How to avoid them!
Participants will have the chance to see the beautiful city of Thessaloniki and get to know the BEST night life in Europe. During the weekend participants may visit a camp and have some outdoor activities.
They will also be given the opportunity to learn the basic rules of the market through lectures and interaction in a simulation program. The content of the actual learning process requires effort to understand but it is necessary to have that kind of knowledge nowadays.
So these lectures combined with the other non-academic 'activities' will make the course really interesting for anybody that wants to learn and have fun at the same time.
- Fields of activity:
- Economics/Business Administration/Marketing
- Content and topics:
- Participants will have introductory lessons on Financial Markets, Institutions and Instruments, Risk Management, Financial Engineering and Corporate Finance. They will be given the opportunity to interact with quantitative coding used for asset pricing, designed in Matlab or C++, which will make the learning process more interactive. Furthermore, a professor will give at least one lecture (possibly two) about the financial crisis and its roots. In addition, the CEO of a brokerage firm will come to talk to the participants about the credit crisis and its potential regulatory consequences to the financial world.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- To get basic and useful information about the financial market and the financial world.
- Examination type:
- Multiple Choice or two critical reasoning questions or both.
- ECTS credits issued:
- Not known yet
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation Letter and knowledge on the field
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- A ho(s)tel downtown
- University canteen, traditional taverns, delicious food cooked by the organisers
- Public transportation (bus)