Integrate your operations: cooperate across borders
Would you like to know what Integrated Operations are? Would you like to get exposed to a variety of different technologies and research from different fields of study? Would you like to play with these technologies and use other peoples disciplines of study and your own expertise to create brand new ideas for the petroleum industry?
Do you like to be innovative, creative and adventurous? Would you like to see how your engineering education, for example from civil or mechanical eng., can be used in the field of petroleum?
Come to the land of fjords, trolls (and then we DON'T refer to our beautiful women) and breathtaking landscapes to enjoy two weeks of fun! Come to Norway and together with students like yourself work out the technologies of tomorrow!
Check out http://org.ntnu.no/best/sc2007 for more information.
- Content and topics:
- Introduction to different technologies: 3D-vizualization, RAVE/CAVE, haptic arm, VirtualReality glove, controlroom and more (see our homepage for information about these) Introduction to integrated operations and petroleum. Basics about teamwork.
- Learning goals and objectives:
- Learn about the petroleum industry and various technologies used by the companies. Learn how the different technologies work, by practical work. Learn how to work in a team with mixed disciplines of study. Work out how the technologies can be used in new ways in the petroleum industry. Find out how your discipline of study can be used in the petroleum industry. Get a feel of what you can do for the petroleum industy! Get new friends!
- Examination type:
- Presentation (power-point, video or webpage etc.)
- ECTS credits issued:
Information for applicants
- Selection criteria:
- Motivation letter
All of the following are covered by the event fee:
- You will stay in a school during the days in Trondheim. Lectures are held at our university NTNU. When we are on our excursion, we will stay in different places in Norway.
- We will serve you two cold and one warm meal each day. Between the meals there is a chance to get some snacks and coffee. You get the chance to taste typical Norwegian food and drinks.
- Bus transportation